Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Toddler Poetry Community

Can this really be true? I just typed "toddler poetry community" into Google and this blog is the ONLY result that was returned. Now as happy as I am to be indexed, and to be an almost-sort-of a Googlewhack, what has happened to the rest of the TPCers? Just a few weeks ago, we were flooding servers! Demanding to be heard! And now, am I the lone person out there in all of cyberspace teaching my toddlers poetry?

At first this made me sad, to be alone in my poetry-focused toddler curriculum. But then I decided, perhaps it is too narrow to focus all of my educational efforts on poems of the day. And the kids are bored of it, that much is for sure. So starting next week I will be back with a more comprehensive educational agenda, perhaps one that more reflects the original city mom focus of this blog.

What do you think is the most important thing to teach kids? I'll take your ideas to form our first lesson plans here at Big City central.

No comments: