Monday, February 23, 2009

Overheard in Kelly's Room

4pm, Monday afternoon
_____________________________
Molly: The party has been cancelled.
Kelly: Why! Why has the party been cancelled?
Molly: Because my Aunt is coming over. I didn't know she was coming over, I just found out she was, so we'll have to have the party another day. For those of you who don't know, an Aunt is your mother's, mother's, mother's sister."
____________________________
Molly: I need to look pretty. VERY pretty.
Kelly: Why?
Molly: I'm getting married. Today!
___________________________
Molly: This is mine! And I also need lots and lots of trains.
Kelly: That's OK. I have three mountains.
A few minutes later.
Molly: Kelly, can I have a triangle?
Kelly: No! I told you I need three mountains!
A few more minutes later.
Molly: Are you sure you don't have just one triangle I could have?
Kelly: No!
Molly: Are you sure?
Kelly: OK, I will try.
Molly: Thanks, Kelly.
__________________________
Molly: No dinosaurs allowed at this slumber party.
Kelly: Is the slumber party today?
Molly: No loud noises at this slumber party!
Kelly: Well then why do you get to talk?
Molly: Because it was my idea.
Kelly: OK, as long as we are having rhinestones and spaghetti.
Molly: Promise.

3 comments:

l.e.s.ter said...

That kid will always be a sucker for rhinestones and spaghetti.

Anna San said...

but who isn't?

skramly said...

Heehee.